“Smartick: a Good Program to Help My Son Keep His Math Skills Fresh”
Smartick Method was recently reviewed by Justine, mom and blogger behind Sunny in June. Her kids were already excelling in math, but she thought Smartick could be useful to help keep their skills fresh: “I had my son use Smartick in the summer. He was enrolled in preschool and received a ton of excellent math instruction from his Pre-K teacher. He already understood patterns and shapes, recognized numbers, and knew how to count. I thought this was a good program to help him hold on to all of that precious information he learned during the school year.” She explains.
What Justine liked best about our program:
The kids picking and designing their own avatar helped them get excited about completing the program. It allowed the kids to take ownership of their learning and this app.
The “Today I feel” feature was really cool because I feel like it helped gauge how the session will be.
If you get a question right, the child hears an excited DING and a star gets added to the green bar on the side.
If you get a question wrong, you hear a sad THUMP. It’s not completely soul-crushing, but it’s more of an “aw, bummer…” sound.
Parents get an email reminder for their kids to complete their session.
There is an opportunity for corrections.
There is a virtual world that lets kids “buy things”, compete against others, or play games.
If your child can’t read, there is a purple megaphone by the directions that tells the kids what to do.
The takeaway, in her own words: “This is an awesome program. The activities are age-appropriate, fun, and engaging for my five-year-old. The accessibility of the app is incredibly convenient. The reminders and incentives to complete the program are a major plus.”
If this has you intrigued and wanting to learn more, visit our website and sign up for our free trial!
- Can the Smartick Method Boost Your Child’s Math Skills?
- “Being a Teacher, I Know That There Is Retention Loss over Summer”
- “Smartick Gives My Kids the Confidence to Do Well and Beat Math Anxiety”
- Homeschooling Math: Make It Fun with the Smartick Method
- Vagabonding with Kids: Alternative Ed Review of Smartick
Latest posts by Conchi Ruiz Cabello (see all)
- Homeschooling Math: Make It Fun with the Smartick Method - 03/16/2018
- Improving Math Skills One Fun Session at a Time with Smartick - 03/09/2018
- Improve Your Child’s Math Skills with Smartick - 02/23/2018