Divisibility Guidelines for 9 and Some Examples
Why is it useful to know the divisibility of a number? It allows us to determine whether a number is divisible by another number without having to divide them. In this post, we are going to learn the divisibility guidelines for 9.
Criteria for divisibility by 9:
A number is divisible by 9 if the sum of its digits is 9 or a multiple of 9.
is 2610 divisible by 9?
In order to find out we add its digits:
Therefore 2610 is divisible by 9.
is 965 divisible by 9?
We add all the digits:
Since 20 is not divisible by 9, then 965 is not divisible by 9.
To keep learning:
Divisibility guidelines for:
If this explanation has helped you, share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or via email so that they can also learn when a number is divisible by 9.
And if you want to learn more elementary math, try Smartick for free!
- Divisibility Guidelines for 6 and Some Examples
- Divisibility Guidelines for 6, 8 and 12
- Divisibility Guidelines for 2, 5, and 10
- Divisibility Guidelines for 7 and Some Examples
- Follow the Divisibility Guidelines for 3
Latest posts by Smartick (see all)
- Multiplication of Decimals Using Money - 11/11/2019
- 10 Tips to Help Children Do Homework Independently - 11/08/2019
- Learning with Analogies. Are Analogies Good for Learning? - 11/04/2019