Homeschool Mom Reviews Smartick’s Math Program
Mom and blogger Jess Lee is in her first year of homeschooling her seven-year old son. She recently signed him up for Smartick and shared the experience in a post on the “Mom Does Reviews” website. In particular, this homeschool mom likes that Smartick allows him to learn math independently, something we always recommend! It sounds like he enjoys his Smartick sessions and this makes it easy for everyone.
Another positive attribute of Smartick is that Jess herself doesn’t have to come up with math lessons every day. For a homeschool parent this is key. Smartick offers short daily sessions where children work at maximum concentration and each lesson is tailored specifically to her child’s needs.
The sessions are short and the rewards are fun. Jess’s son gets motivated by earning “ticks” or points during his session. He can use these “ticks” to buy items in Smartick’s virtual store that he can use in the Smartick virtual world. These “ticks” are fun for the students and it serves as positive reinforcement to build math self confidence.
For homeschooling moms like Jess, there aren’t always report cards to help understand your child’s progress. After each daily session, Smartick sends a summary report to you.
You also have access to a detailed dashboard where you can monitor your child’s math performance metrics, review their study plan and schedule personalized rewards.
The online nature of the program allows parents to view these reports at anytime via email or through the mobile app. Because it is online also means that there are no schedules or commuting involved for the child to participate. Jess included Smartick in her “Christmas Gift Guide 2016” on the “Mom Does Reviews” site.
So, why don’t you try Smartick for free this Christmas? Your children will learn math and enjoy it!
- Parent Blogger Creates Math Practice Incentives with Smartick
- Recent Smartick Review: My Little Poppies
- “Finally! A Solution to the Math Problem!” from Lit Mama Homeschool
- Smartick is “The Kind of Sidekick This Busy Mama Needs!”
- Math Resources Review: Smartick Method, Online Math Supplemental Program
Latest posts by Colleen (see all)
- Parent Blogger Creates Math Practice Incentives with Smartick - 01/12/2017
- Character and Smartick - 12/29/2016
- Mistakes and Misunderstandings as Teaching Tools - 12/22/2016