New on Smartick: Interactive Tutorials
The return to school is in full swing, and Smartick is prepared. Today we’re going to show you some of the new features that we’ve added to Smartick during the school holidays. We also want to show you a short demonstration of one of our interactive tutorials!
New pedagogical content
We’ve added visual and manipulative support to our exercises in adding and subtracting fractions with different denominators to help our students understand them more easily. We’ve also added more exercises for the commutative property of addition.
Our tutorials with interactive content let students participate in real time and learn with our characters: Amy, Zoe, Eva, Leo, Max, and Otto.
Each interactive tutorial adapts depending on the response of the child. This helps them learn through their correct answers and mistakes, keeps their interest in mathematics, and assures a more effective learning. You can review them at any time in the Virtual World (after completing the daily Smartick session) or from the Tutor Page.
In the English version of Smartick there are now 39 interactive tutorials available:
- Numbers and Operations in Tens: 12
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking: 15
- Fractions: 9
- Decimal Numbers: 2
- Integers: 1
We’ll continue to increase the number of interactive tutorials in later updates, which we implement every 4-6 weeks.
Take a look at this video where you can see how our tutorials work, in this case, the commutative property of addition. Remember, this is just a demonstration. To interact with the tutorials in real time, you need to log in to Smartick. There you’ll be able to view and interact with all the tutorials available.
We’re constantly working to keep Smartick the best mathematics platform for our students. Remember, if you haven’t already, you can register here and try it free.
- Pedagogical Justification of the Commutative Property
- New Features for Your Daily Smartick Sessions
- Smartick: Online Math for New Generation
- The Distributive Property of Multiplication
- Learn the Different Properties of Multiplication
Latest posts by Smartick (see all)
- What Is a Fraction? Learn Everything There Is to Know! - 11/18/2019
- The Role of Grandparents in Their Grandchildren’s Education - 11/14/2019
- Multiplication of Decimals Using Money - 11/11/2019