Smartick Helping Children with Autism Master Math
Smartick is well known for its constant adaptability, giving each child what they need to master and enjoy math. This stays true for children with special needs and autism, and the short daily sessions greatly contribute to keeping children concentrated and focused.
Catheryn Cervantes is the mother of a child with autism spectrum disorder. On her blog, Cleverly Catheryn, she shares autism friendly activities, resources, advice, and encouraging words for families with children with special needs.
“Like with most that have autism, my daughter learns differently and timed testing is not a strength of hers within the classroom setting.”
She started using Smartick to reinforce her daughter’s math skills during the summer and smooth her transition into 5th grade. ” Upon exiting the 4th grade her teacher recommended she continue working on her math skills to make the transition into the 5th grade smoother.”
“It takes 15 minutes a day…. That’s it! A perfect amount of time to keep her engaged without any struggle.”
Catheryn also tells us her daughter’s favorite features of Smartick: “Why does my daughter like it? She is motivated to get a good score by earning TICKS which can then use to “buy” things for her avatar, or for the city within the app. This type of rewards system works great for most kids but especially for those on the spectrum. The faster they correctly answer the problems, the more TICKS they can get along with finishing the day’s session quicker. There is a bar on the side that show the progress and ticks earned which is another good tool to help visually motivate your child. Your child can also have the opportunity to correct any incorrectly answered questions earning them more ticks. “
- Can the Smartick Method Boost Your Child’s Math Skills?
- Smartick: the Answer to Sharpen Math Skills for Children
- Tailored Maths Lessons That Your Children Will Love!
- How to Get Your Kids to Enjoy Maths
- Smartick Helping Families and Children with Special Education Needs
Latest posts by Conchi Ruiz Cabello (see all)
- “Smartick: a Good Program to Help My Son Keep His Math Skills Fresh” - 11/22/2017
- The Perfect Supplemental Math Program - 11/08/2017
- An Easy Way to Get Kids Excited about Math - 11/01/2017