Improving Math Skills One Fun Session at a Time with Smartick
“Mom, can I do my math now?”
These are the words Dani hears her sweet 5 year old say every day since she started working with the Smartick Method. Yes, every day including weekends, and sometimes even twice a day! So sweet! She’s a stay-at-home mom of 3 girls and owner of the blog Live, Love, Learn Gracefully. Before she became a full-time mom, she was a middle-school teacher, and she tries to share her love for teaching and learning with her family and readers.
Math was always a struggle for her when she was a child. “I remember very clearly the moment that I received my very first B (gasp) in Middle School Math” she writes. Because of this, she wants to make sure her daughters have a different experience, and enjoy math from an early age. That’s where the Smartick Method comes in!
She especially loves the fact that Smartick’s sessions only take 15 minutes a day. That’s all! In 15 minute sessions, children will work on logic and reasoning while also improving other areas such as reading comprehension.
15 minutes will help your child:
- Maximize concentration.
- Avoid boredom or burnout.
- Create a habit/ routine.
- Make math fun.
- Keep kids wanting more.
She also explains how the gamification elements in Smartick help keep children engaged. “Kids receive ticks at the end of their session each day, which they can use while exploring the virtual map and store. Miss B gets so excited to see how many ticks she can earn each day and loves saving up as many as possible to buy items in the virtual store.”
Ticks are earned by:
- Completing problems.
- Making corrections.
- Using Smartick for three days in a row.
- Using Smartick for a full week.
- Birthdays and holidays often receive extra or bonus ticks as well.
Another benefit of Smartick highlighted by Dani is that her daughter is learning to operate the iPad while using it in a meaningful and educational way. In her own words: “The Smartick Method enables Miss B to use our iPad in a purposeful and educational manner. It gives her practice navigating through apps, learning to decipher clues/signs about how to proceed or go back and has made her more comfortable using the device itself.
You can pop over to our website and sign up for a FREE Trial.
- An Innovative Way to Make Maths Lovable with Smartick
- Can the Smartick Method Boost Your Child’s Math Skills?
- Homeschooling with Smartick Method
- Make Math Practice Fun with Smartick
- Homeschool Mom Reviews Smartick’s Math Program
Latest posts by Conchi Ruiz Cabello (see all)
- Homeschooling Math: Make It Fun with the Smartick Method - 03/16/2018
- Improving Math Skills One Fun Session at a Time with Smartick - 03/09/2018
- Improve Your Child’s Math Skills with Smartick - 02/23/2018