Co-Founder of Smartick Explains the Importance of Maths on KayaFM
Arroyo took the opportunity to emphasise the importance of math for all aspects of life, highlighting the necessity for children to master the subject from childhood and avoid any “gaps” in their learning.
This is the idea behind Smartick, a personalised online method for children from 4 to 14 years old, that improves maths skills with daily sessions lasting just 15 minutes.
Arroyo explained to David on KayaFM that Smartick has been available South Africa for several months, and many clients have already opted to sign up to this new method that adapts to the learning pace of each student.
Since its inception five years ago, the start-up Smartick has helped more than 32,000 children improve their maths skills across 70 countries. At present a close-knit team of 45 people (computer scientists, mathematicians, pedagogues and teachers) are working to improve the artificial intelligence and curriculum of the method, and offer a unique, personalised service to their clients.
You can listen to the complete interview here:
- KFM Covers Keeno Kammies’ Interview with Co-Founder of Smartick
- The Daily Sun: “Smartick Boosts Kids’ Maths Skills”
- Cape Talk interview with Javier Arroyo, co-founder of Smartick
- PowerFM South Africa: Smartick Teaches Children to Love Maths
- Expresso. Smartick: A Way to Improve Children’s Mathematical Ability
Latest posts by Smartick (see all)
- How to Add 3 Fractions with Different Denominators - 11/19/2018
- 7 Pieces of Advice to Help Our Children Overcome Shyness - 11/16/2018
- Discovering Subtraction and Addition Tables - 11/12/2018