Playing Math Catch-Up
Moving can be stressful for both adults and children. Particularly, when students change schools, an easy transition is not always guaranteed. Lizzie discovered this to be true for her daughter Aubrie, which she explains in her blog. The biggest difference was the new school’s curriculum, which she found to be incredibly different from the previous school. Aubrie was playing catch-up with her classmates and was struggling to stay afloat.
After extra hours put in on homework, Lizzie saw improvement in nearly every subject. However, Aubrie continued to battle with math. Even with the additional help she was receiving at home and school, Lizzie knew that Smartick would be a valuable tool for her daughter’s improvement.
Sticking with It
Aubrie’s initial Smartick experience was not easy. At first, she found the online platform a bit intimidating and frustrating. However, after Aubrie continued to work through her math sessions consistently, she got into the swing of things and got the hang of it. In fact, Aubrie now asks to work on her daily sessions!
Smartick is not a miracle cure and takes hard work and deliberate practice. But, as we have seen in Aubrie’s case, when students continue to tackle the challenge and put in the effort, they can see amazing results.
- Learn Math at Home with Smartick Method
- Hi from Bucharest: A Smartick Family’s Experience
- Mistakes Are Where the Learning Starts
- “Even Scottish Warrior Princesses Need to Practice Math”
- Igniting the Math Spark with Smartick
Latest posts by Katrina Intal (see all)
- Traditional Schooling and Homeschooling with Smartick - 12/19/2018
- Meet the Harman-Woods: A Travelschool Family - 11/29/2018
- #SmartickSmiles All over the World! - 11/21/2018