KFM Covers Keeno Kammies’ Interview with Co-Founder of Smartick
Arroyo explained how the idea of Smartick was born; a start-up created to develop an online learning method that would improve the maths skills of children between the ages of 4 and 14 years. So, together with his partner, Daniel González de Vega, they devised a method based on artificial intelligence that provides a personalised curriculum adapted to the style and pace of learning of each child.
Arroyo explained that Smartick arrived in South Africa after five years during which they have helped more than 32,000 children from all over the world improve their maths skills – not just mental calculation, but problem-solving skills, logic, arithmetic, geometry, etc…
It doesn’t require a huge effort on behalf of the children; Arroyo explained it’s not a game, it’s a learning system. Daily sessions last just fifteen minutes and can be performed on PC or tablet, the system gives instant feedback to incorrect answers, and offers positive reinforcement (children can earn ticks based on their performance, which they can spend on their avatar in the Virtual World) and gamification elements – children can improve cognitive skills with a wide variety of scientifically-designed games.
- Co-Founder of Smartick Explains the Importance of Maths on KayaFM
- Cape Talk interview with Javier Arroyo, co-founder of Smartick
- PowerFM South Africa: Smartick Teaches Children to Love Maths
- MetroFM: Smartick Is Revolutionising the Way the World Learns Maths
- Expresso. Smartick: A Way to Improve Children’s Mathematical Ability
Latest posts by Smartick (see all)
- How to Add 3 Fractions with Different Denominators - 11/19/2018
- 7 Pieces of Advice to Help Our Children Overcome Shyness - 11/16/2018
- Discovering Subtraction and Addition Tables - 11/12/2018