Homeschooling Math: Make It Fun with the Smartick Method
Ashley and her family live in Nova Scotia, Canada, from where she shares her adventures in homeschooling with her three children. They are secular homeschoolers and new to it, with only 2 years under their belt. So they thought it was an excellent idea to share their journey with others on Ashley’s blog, Forgetful Momma.
She admits math has never been her favorite part of their homeschooling routine: “Math is not my favorite subject to teach my kids because I was never a fan of it as a child myself.” she writes. Thankfully, her kids seem to like it just fine so far, and are enjoying their Smartick time every day: “with lessons only being 15 minutes long it is just enough to have children thinking, but not getting frustrated or tired of using the program.” Ashley explains.
Why 15 minutes a day?
- Short practice allowing children to maintain maximum concentration.
- Easy to fit into the daily routine, whether you are homeschooling or using the program as an after-school enrichment activity.
- Helps create a study habit.
- Avoids burnout and keeps children coming back for more the next day.
How Smartick helps her homeschooling math:
“It is independent work for them.” She says. “They are able to move through the exercises on their own giving me a chance to work with a sibling. Plus, they already want screen time, and this way they are learning while getting it. And everyone gets the same amount of time, no fighting!”
Children also receive immediate feedback on the exercises they complete, can access interactive tutorials, and play logic games in the Virtual World after their math session. Parents can monitor their performance from phones or the parent page online, and watch how their children improve!
You can try Smartick for free, and see how it works. Whether you’re homeschooling math, or looking to support your child at school, let’s give our kids all the confidence we can in math.
- Helping Kids Grow and Improve Math Skills
- Intentional Homeschooling: Smartick Math Review
- A Math Program My Kids Love!
- Raising Math Scores: Smartick Method
- Traditional Schooling and Homeschooling with Smartick