“Mama, Can I Do Math Now?”
Changing Attitudes and Mindsets
When Cassidy’s daughter sets her mind on something, there’s no stopping her. This can be great when she decides to master a particular skill. However, Cassidy explains in her blog Freshly Planted, some challenges of this mentality, as it became nearly impossible to change her mind about certain things.
I´m no good at this.
I should just stop trying.
Nothing´s going to help.
These are all phrases that came up when she did not grasp a concept easily or quickly. This became evident when she decided that she was bad at math and her rigid mindset did not help. Cassidy grew concerned about her daughter’s negative outlook on math, knowing that these skills are important for her future. She was adamant to help reverse her daughter’s negative math attitude. For this reason, she was excited to try Smartick.
The short 15-minute sessions proved promising. Cassidy’s daughter was able to work through her sessions at maximum concentration. She challenged herself to do her best every session without the pressures of being restricted to her age or grade. Instead, she progressed at a pace she determined and felt comfortable.
So when her daughter asked, “Mama, can I do math now?” Cassidy was left stunned. Her daughter who decided she was bad at math, had a change of heart as her math confidence grew with Smartick.
Help build your child´s math confidence with Smartick. Register for free today.
- “Even Scottish Warrior Princesses Need to Practice Math”
- Raising Math Scores: Smartick Method
- “Smartick Is Fun and Flexible”
- Math Resources Review: Smartick Method, Online Math Supplemental Program
- Tailored Maths Lessons That Your Children Will Love!
Latest posts by Katrina Intal (see all)
- Overcoming Initial Challenges - 05/18/2018
- Playing Math Catch-Up - 05/11/2018
- “Even Scottish Warrior Princesses Need to Practice Math” - 05/04/2018