“Mama, Can I Do Math Now?”
Changing Attitudes and Mindsets
When Cassidy’s daughter sets her mind on something, there’s no stopping her. This can be great when she decides to master a particular skill. However, Cassidy explains on her blog Freshly Planted, some challenges of this mentality, as it became nearly impossible to change her daughter’s mind about certain things.
I´m no good at this.
I should just stop trying.
Nothing´s going to help.
These are all phrases that came up when she did not grasp a concept easily or quickly. This became evident when she decided that she was bad at math and her rigid mindset did not help. Cassidy grew concerned about her daughter’s negative outlook on math, knowing that these skills are important for her future. She was adamant to help reverse her daughter’s negative math attitude. For this reason, she was excited to try Smartick.
The short 15-minute sessions proved promising. Cassidy’s daughter was able to work through her sessions at maximum concentration. She challenged herself to do her best every session without the pressures of being restricted to her age or grade and progressed at a pace she determined and felt comfortable.
So when her daughter asked, “Mama, can I do math now?” Cassidy was left stunned. Her daughter who had decided she was bad at math, had a change of heart as her math confidence grew with Smartick.
Help build your child’s math confidence with Smartick. Register for free today.
- “Even Scottish Warrior Princesses Need to Practice Math”
- Raising Math Scores: Smartick Method
- Math Resources Review: Smartick Method, Online Math Supplemental Program
- Smartick: More Than Math, the Road to Independence
- “Smartick Is Fun and Flexible”
Latest posts by Katrina Intal (see all)
- Traditional Schooling and Homeschooling with Smartick - 12/19/2018
- Meet the Harman-Woods: A Travelschool Family - 11/29/2018
- #SmartickSmiles All over the World! - 11/21/2018