The introduction of Smartick in South Africa was covered in Daily Sun, South Africa’s largest newspaper with more than 5 million daily readers.
The journalist, Thabo Monaman, mentioned that children in South Africa have been improving their maths level for months with Smartick: an online extracurricular method supported by the European Union that ensures disciplined learning for children from 4 to 14 years.
What parents in South Africa, such as Ann Toerien, value most so far is that students improve their maths while working for just 15 minutes a day. The Artificial Intelligence of the method manages to propose a curriculum adapted to the level and pace of learning of each child: “Parents actually don’t need to sit and help the kids while they are busy with their session. There are easy tutorial systems built into the app that explains the math problem areas to the child.”
Another aspect highlighted by the Daily Sun article is the growing importance that mathematics is acquiring for all aspects of life: “Maths is a cornerstone of life but it’s also a stumbling block for many who don’t understand its foundations. The app provides this foundation for children who are missing it”.
Since its inception five years ago, Smartick has succeeded in improving the maths skills of more than 25,000 children in 70 countries. Today, more than 340,000 mathematical exercises are performed worldwide daily, and a team of 45 people are working to further improve the method: engineers, mathematicians, professional educators, and teachers.
The aim of the founders of Smartick is to enable children across the world to master mathematics from childhood, including in South Africa.
- Expresso. Smartick: A Way to Improve Children’s Mathematical Ability
- Co-Founder of Smartick Explains the Importance of Maths on KayaFM
- PowerFM South Africa: Smartick Teaches Children to Love Maths
- Cape Talk interview with Javier Arroyo, co-founder of Smartick
- Parent24 Recommends Smartick to Improve the Math Level of Children
- Master Math! 10 Reasons to Help Your Child do Just That - 05/28/2020
- The Positive Aspects of ADHD - 05/14/2020
- Reading Difficulties in Children: Vision and Learning - 04/30/2020