Understanding Multiplication Problems with Examples
What needs to be done in order to solve multiplication problems? Isn’t it enough to just multiply the numbers that we’re given?
What’s more important is UNDERSTANDING the multiplication problems.
This is why we’re bringing you some multiplication problems today where YOU WON’T NEED TO USE MULTIPLICATION, but rather, TO THINK CRITICALLY.
Ready? Read and answer this multiplication problem carefully:
Is enough information provided to solve the problem?
What would your answer be? Think about it carefully! We don’t have enough information to know how many necklaces Mario made!
We’re going to try another kind of problem:
Have you read through all the options carefully?
The correct answer is…
Want to try something a little more challenging?
Give this last one a shot:
Be careful, you need to read all of the options carefully!
If you want to practice more multiplication problems, click on the following link:
Sign up your family for Smartick today!
- Learn How to Solve 1-Digit Division Problems
- Problems with Fractions and How to Solve Them
- How to Solve a Multiplication Problem
- Word Problems with Fractions
- Multiplication with Decimals and Some Examples
Latest posts by Smartick (see all)
- Multiplication of Decimals Using Money - 11/11/2019
- 10 Tips to Help Children Do Homework Independently - 11/08/2019
- Learning with Analogies. Are Analogies Good for Learning? - 11/04/2019