On the Smartick blog we have dedicated many entries to explaining what a fraction is, what types there are, how to do addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with them, equivalent fractions and much more!
In today’s post, we are going to organize these entries to make it easier for you to find the content you are looking for when you have a question about fractions.
What is a fraction?
Types of Fractions
- Classification of Fractions
- Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Fractions
- Mixed Numbers to Represent Improper Fractions
- Fractions with an Unkonwn Variable
Equivalent Fractions. Simplify Fractions.
- Do You Know What Equivalent Fractions Are?
- Equivalent Fractions
- Equivalent and Simplified Fractions
- Increasing and Simplifying
- Using the Number Line to Compare Fractions
- Exercises with Equivalent Fractions
- Examples of Equivalent Fractions
- Irreducible Fractions
Estimation of Fractions
Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
- Ways to Add Fractions
- How to Add 3 Fractions with Different Denominators
- Adding Fractions with Singapore Bars
- Adding Fractions with Rectangles as a Visual Aid
- Adding Fractions with Lego Blocks
- Subtracting Fractions
Multiplication and Division of Fractions
- Multiplication of Fractions
- Multiplication of Fractions with an Area Model
- Multiplication of Fractions with Singapore Bars
- Dividing Fractions
- Understanding Dividing Fractions
Fraction Word Problems
- Problems with Fractions and How to Solve Them
- Addition, Subtraction and Mixed Numbers
- Word Problems with Fractions
- Singapore Bars Used with Word Problems
- Division Word Problems with Fractions
Questions Related to Fractions
- Understanding Fractions
- Why Do Fractions Need the Same Denominator for Addition and Subtraction?
- Relationship Between Fractions and Decimals
- Halves, Thirds, and Fourths
If you would like to practice everything that you have learned about fractions today, don’t forget to register with Smartick and try our method, adapted to your level, for free.