Geometric Shape: Properties of a Square
Today, we’re going to take a look at a shape that you definitely know already, but maybe you aren’t familiar with all of its main characteristics. I’m talking about the square.
Geometric Shape: Square
The square is a geometric shape that belongs to the quadrilateral family because it has 4 sides.
The 4 sides are the same length and are parallel to each other. What does this exactly mean? It means that 2 sides are parallel to each other, and the other 2 are parallel to each other as well.
The 4 interior angles of a square are 90º, or in other words, they’re right angles. When all the angles are added together, they add up to 360º.
The two diagonals that a square has are equal in length and the point where they cross is the square’s center.
You already knew the square, right? But, did you know about its main characteristics? I hope this post helped you understand!
If you want to learn more, sign onto Smartick and try it for free!
- Geometric Plane Shapes: Circles, Triangles, Rectangles, Squares, and Trapezoids
- Discover Geometric Figures Found in Our Environment
- Geometric Shapes: Characteristics of Triangles
- Geometric Figures and Straight Lines
- Geometry and 2D Shapes with the Help of a Tangram
Latest posts by Smartick (see all)
- What Is a Fraction? Learn Everything There Is to Know! - 11/18/2019
- The Role of Grandparents in Their Grandchildren’s Education - 11/14/2019
- Multiplication of Decimals Using Money - 11/11/2019