Smartick is available in English and Spanish and it is possible to change languages in the session. If your native language is English, you can complete your sessions in Spanish and achieve two things at once: practice math and another language.
If you decide to do it, keep in mind that the level of mathematics and Spanish should go hand in hand. This way you can understand the exercises and interactive tutorials correctly as you progress through the different levels.
Benefits of Learning Mathematics in Another Language
- When we do math exercises we are subjecting our brain to new challenges, and when we do it in another language, we are increasing our cognitive flexibility. This allows us to train our memory, response speed, and simplification ability.
- Children have an incredible ability to absorb information, and because of this, they have the ability to learn new words at a great speed. If we join the learning of mathematics with Spanish, we will have the ability to develop our linguistic diversity. (Imagine how many new words you could learn daily!) We will also be able to associate these terms in our daily lives and seek new ways of expression.
- Similarly, we can develop our reading and oral comprehension through short statements with recordings (for the younger children), more complex math problems (for the older ones), and tutorials (for all levels). This way we develop our listening and reading ability, as well as creativity, problem-solving, and even written production.
- Through learning mathematics in another language, they form the ability to make more precise decisions. In this way, we pay more attention to what we hear or read and we motivate ourselves to think in a different way. Additionally, we learn a little more about other cultures and the differences that exist between education systems, like in the case of decimal separators.
In conclusion, if you have a sufficient level of English dare to challenge yourself and improve your abilities with Smartick in Spanish. When you least expect it you will see that you can think in another language.
- The Languages of Smartick and Their Variable Dialects
- Word Problems: Levels of Difficulty in Mathematical Language
- What’s the Difference Between a European Billion and an American Billion?
- Smartick Improves Student Performance with Smartick Coding
- New on Smartick: Interactive Tutorials
- Master Math! 10 Reasons to Help Your Child do Just That - 05/28/2020
- The Positive Aspects of ADHD - 05/14/2020
- Reading Difficulties in Children: Vision and Learning - 04/30/2020